A heavenly combination of Mango and Jackfruit, one of the tastiest Bihari pickles. Grated Mangoes, chunks of Jackfruit blended in rich spices and mustard oil. The right balance of spicy and tangy.
Mango Jackfruit Pickle Ingredients
include Raw Mango, Jackfruit, Mustard Oil, Turmeric, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Cumin, Nigella Seeds, Carom Seeds, Fenugreek, Fennel Seeds, Yellow Mustard, Black Mustard, Asafoetida, Black Salt, Salt.
How we make the Mango Jackfruit Pickle:
Our aam kathal achaar recipe is inspired from the tradtional Indian recipe handed to us over generations.
- The pickling process begins with washing, peeling, and grating the mangoes.
- Thereafter, the grated mangoes are kept in the mixing vessel, and salt, turmeric is added.
- At the same time, the jackfruit is peeled and cut into small pieces, cleaned, and put out in the sun,for 8 hours, till the moisture dries up.
- In 3-1 proportion, jackfruit chunks are mixed with the grated mangoes.
- Once the two fruits are combined, the spices are added along with the mustard oil. After a thorough round of mixing, the pickle vessel is kept out in the sun for 5-7 days.
- When the jackfruit softens, the pickle is ready and stored in martabaan / glass jars.