Hitting all the right notes - tangy, sour, & spicy - JhaJi's homemade mixed pickle with lemon, green chilli, and ginger is a companion for every meal. Made with comparably less oil, it is a unique, popular pick from Mithilanchal.
Ingredients used in Lemon Chilli Pickle
include Lemon, Green Chilli, Ginger, Lemon Juice, Mustard Oil, Turmeric, Coriander Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Cumin, Carom Seeds, Nigella Seeds, Mustard Seeds, Fennel Seeds, Fenugreek, Asafoetida, Black Salt, and Salt.
RECIPE: How we make the Neembu Mirch ka Achar
Our mix achaar recipe is inspired from the traditional Indian recipe handed to us over generations.
- To start the pickling process, first the lemon, green chilies, and ginger are thoroughly washed. And dried in the sun for a day. The lemon, before being washed, is also rubbed on a hard surface, to get rid of the tartness of the outer surface.
- The lemon is thereafter cut into 4/8 pieces. The tail of chilies is removed, and it’s cut into 2 smaller pieces. The ginger is grated.
- Thereafter, all the 3 main ingredients are mixed together. Based on the number of lemons added, the juice from 1/4th quantity is also added to the mixture.
- Thereafter, the spice mix is prepared and added to the mixture - with yellow mustard forming the base spice.
- The mixture is kept out in the sun for 5-7 days, before being stored in glass jars / Martabaans.
Really like the product.minimal oil and tastes really good like a home product.
Oil is too much and looks unprepared. Definitely they are not prepared to handle more request and not scalable. Just because of this experience I am not going to try any food items online anymore. I can’t give 0 rating here so giving 1.
Love the teste.I am already jha ji pickle fan.Quilty of spices and oil is superb. Waiting for something new.
Excellent , Authentic homely taste... loved it. Please maintain the quality. Also looking for 1 kg pack.
Pickle taste was good but lot of oil. Chilli cut shapes did not like. Was not convenient to eat. Lemon size was big. Ginger were less in mix ratio qty. Basically pickle mixture design did not like at all.
It is good but not as good as your spicy green chili pickle. Lemon is bitter. It does not have the earthy feel of Bihar
The lemon and chilli pickle smelled yummy as i opened the jar, but lemon was not pickled properly as it was hard and bitter. So please send the jar only once it is ready to eat.
I thought I’ll get fresh pickles but it was manufactured on July/Aug 2021, so taste wise I was not satisfied!
It is really yummy and resembles a lot with the test of my childhood pickles prepared by mother. For me it is a bit more spicy but it is awesome.
Thank you for writing back, Ashok ji!
Your lovely words have put a smile on all our faces here :)
We try to make every batch so that it reminds people of Mithila's authentic taste. Am glad we were successful :)
We hope to delight you with the pickles for many months and years to come.