The classic Indian chutney, with slightly thick and smooth texture, to serve along with your evening snacks pakora, dahi vada, samosa, aloo tikki chaat.
Ingredients used in Imli Ki Chutney
include Imli, Sugar, Carom Seeds, Nigella Seeds, Fenugreek, Fennel Seeds, Red Chilli Powder, Dry Ginger Powder, Salt, Black Salt, and Sugarcane Vinegar.
RECIPE: How we make Imli ki Khatti Meethi Chutney
Our Imli Chutney recipe is inspired from the traditional Indian recipe handed over to us over generations.
- To start the process, Sookhi Imli (Dry Tamarind Sticks) is first washed and cleaned
- The Imli is then dipped in water and immersed for up to 10 hours until the Imli turns soft.
- Then the Imli is mashed and its guthli, chhal are removed through a Chhalni (strainer).
- The amount of pulp extracted this way is then mixed with an equal amount of sugar by weight.
- This mixture is then boiled in a Kadhai until the pulp thickens.
- Once the pulp is thick enough, Masale like carom seeds, nigella, Methi, Saunf and Namak are added and stirred continuously
- If the pulp feels too thick, we dilute it with homemade sugarcane vinegar.
- Once it achieves the right consistency, it's taken off from boiling and left to cool down.
- The pulp finally turns into a sauce-like mixture and tastes Khatta-Meetha
Packaging was excellent . Taste of imli chatni was also perfect. We enjoyed it. Price is slightly on a higher side.
Tasty and delicious.
Nice and tasty
It's yum in taste but if you r looking for only khata taste in this it's not so it's mixture of sweet n sour...go for it.
Its too much to pay 250rs for 250gms packaging.......you cannot justify this pricing even if you claim no preservatives or sun dried.
Hello Kalpana ji, first of all thank you so much for sending imli chutney. Packaging wise it's 10/10 however I feel chutney is little too sweet. Being imli chutney it should be more tangy, since I prepare in my home as well but wanted to taste from your store too. Thank you
Chatpati Imli ki Chatni (Tangy Tamarind Chutney) is the best among all of them. worth buying it. Thank You.
Thank you for writing back, Mukund Ji.
Your lovely words have put a smile on all our faces here :)
I love to take aachar with my daily food, but this one is never seen before, after watching this in shark tank one thing i must say , no one feel regrate after eating this.
Good taste. Just like home. Putting down to 4 stars because of high pricing.
Thank you, Suchita ji for writing back.
We try to make every batch so that it reminds people of Mithila's authentic taste. Am glad we were successful :)
Apna Pyaar aur Aashirwaad banaye rakhiega.